Sick and tired of tying and untying your apron straps? This Tinkercad designed magnetic apron tie is a fun and useful project that any apron-wearer is sure to love! Check out the steps below:
- Measure the magnets
2. Open up Tinkercad, and start designing the shapes! You can use the cylinder for the tie, and a hole cylinder to represent the hole the magnet will fit into later. In the image pictured below, the cylinder is 15mm in diameter and height, and the hole is 10 mm in diameter and 3 mm in height.
3. Create the dome shape for the top of the apron tie, and use the align tool to place the dome exactly on top of the cylinder.
4. Group the objects (button in top right corner), and duplicate the shape.
5. Decrease the size of the second shape, and turn it into a hole to form a cavity in the first shape.
6. Add a skinny cylinder to create the hole the string will go through.
7. Duplicate your final shape to create the second apron tie!
8. Get printing!
9. Assemble the parts, and voila!