Tinkerers, you’ve probably heard by now that in order to enhance security and prevent fraud, Autodesk is requiring a 1-time email verification for the majority of accounts, including Tinkercad. If your verification has not been completed by December 4th, 2017, it will be required when you first sign-in to Tinkercad. If you haven’t already verified your email, it’s super easy! Here’s how:
- Login at https://accounts.autodesk.com
- Click security settings (top of the screen):
3. Click “Verify Email” to send a Verification email
4. Check your email 5. Open the email from email@example.com 6. Click on the VERIFY EMAIL button/link 7. That’s it! Head back over to Tinkercad.com and start tinkering
Questions & Answers:
I don’t have access to the email address associated with my account.
No problem. You can change it at https://accounts.autodesk.com. Or, contact the owner of your account and ask them to complete the verification (by following the instructions above).
Help! I didn’t receive the verification email:
- Check your spam folder. The sender email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If it’s not in your spam folder, click Resend on the verification screen.
- If you are still having issues, contact Autodesk support.
My students cannot receive email from outside of the school. What steps should I take? If external emails are blocked by your school, you will need to contact your IT department. The following email address must be allowed to reach the email account for verification: email@example.com
Important Note: This is the same email that is required for password reset.
Once you’ve verified and established that the correct email is on file, you’re good! We’ve posted a new FAQ section in our Help Center dedicated to this process. For most of you, this will be no problem – it’ll just be a few extra clicks and checking your email when you sign in. However, for anyone who has entered a fake email or no longer has access to the email on file – there will be some extra steps to get you through it.
Thanks for your patience as we introduce this new security measure!