To protect your account and prevent fraud, Autodesk is now requiring an email verification for the majority of accounts, including Tinkercad. Below, we’ve included the information you’ll need to make this process quick and easy.
What does this mean for me? You must complete a 1-time email verification for your Tinkercad account. If your verification has not been completed by December 4th, 2017, it will be required when you first sign-in to Tinkercad. Don’t have access to the email address associated with your account? No problem. You can change it at https://accounts.autodesk.com. Or, contact the owner of your account and ask them to complete the verification (by clicking the link in the email – more on that below).
You will only be required to verify your email once, then you’re good to go!
Can I verify my email now? Yes! Get started by following these steps:
- Login at https://accounts.autodesk.com
- Click security settings (top of the screen):
3. Click “Verify Email” to send a Verification email
4. Check your email 5. Open the email from email@example.com 6. Click on the VERIFY EMAIL button/link 7. That’s it! Head back over to Tinkercad.com and start tinkering
Questions & Answers:
Help! I didn’t receive the verification email:
- Check your spam folder. The sender email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If it’s not in your spam folder, click Resend on the verification screen.
- If you are still having issues, contact Autodesk support.
My students cannot receive email from outside of the school. What steps should I take? If external emails are blocked by your school, you will need to contact your IT department. The following email address must be allowed to reach the email account for verification: email@example.com
Important Note: This is the same email that is required for password reset.
Once you’ve verified and established that the correct email is on file, you’re good! We’ve posted a new FAQ section in our Help Center dedicated to this process. For most of you, this will be no problem – it’ll just be a few extra clicks and checking your email when you sign in. However, for anyone who has entered a fake email or no longer has access to the email on file – there will be some extra steps to get you through it.
Thanks for your patience as we introduce this new security measure!