Starting today, and for a LIMITED TIME ONLY, we are offering qualified academic institutions $50,000 worth of Tinkercad software.
Interested? Here’s how it works.
This on-line application must be submitted by midnight PST on Friday, December 7th, 2012. For the first 1,000 applications received, we will waive the once yearly $75.00 application fee.
In order to apply for this plan, here’s what you’ll need to know:
- This plan is open to ALL academic institutions, home schools, non-profits and other similar organizations whose mission is to further advance the study and teaching of 3D design and printing to students
- You must be able to provide accreditation or non-profit status verification
- Plan applies to the 2012/2013 school year (summer 2013 included)
- Must currently possess a 3D printer, have access to a 3D printer OR have the intent to purchase one in the 2012/2013 academic school year
- Submit your course curriculum for the 2012/2013 school year
At Tinkercad, we don’t want the inability to learn CAD to hinder innovative solutions. Ever. Creating physical products, or what we call ‘design literacy,’ is a right the entire world has. One of the keys to ensuring the success of Tinkercad’s mission is to provide the future makers of the world access to Tinkercad. As our Co-Founder Kai Backman has said, “A key part of learning is to have great tools at your disposal.” This is why we are super excited to launch this very special, limited time offer.
- The $50,000 translates into 1,000 registered users per qualifying institution for the 2012/2013 school year, which includes summer of 2013.
- There is a single administrator who owns the account and can add and remove students at any time.
- Digital manufacturing devices also qualify in place of a 3D printer. These include, but are not limited to, laser cutters and CNC machines.
- Designs created within these plans will be licensed for non-commercial use only.