‘Twas a busy week. Let’s recap!
NEW FEATURE. We’ve added one two highly requested features to the photo upload tool. You can now set your design’s default image to a photo you’ve uploaded, or you can delete the photo you uploaded and take a better one.
Here’s how it works.
1. Upload a photo. Check!
2. Once the photo is upload, hover over image with your mouse. Check!
3. You’ll notice two links in the lower right corner. Check!
4. Click on the one that says “Set as default image.” Check!
5. If you want to take a better photo, click on “Remove image.” Bam!
6. All done!
- A fantastic networking event for consumer, engineering and medical professionals.
- We think it’s a beautiful city, BUT Kai was too busy talking to other fab designers that they missed the bus and, therefore, the tour! Next year, maybe?
- Materialise offered a great tour of their facilities, including their MGX building (not too shabby!).
- But really, we know what you want to know. How did Kai and Pauliina manage to score front-row seats at the unbelievable fashion show? We’re keeping that under wraps, but have a look at the amazing display of 3D wizardry a la hats.
PROFILED. Yesterday we launched a new series that takes a deeper look at the diverse group of Tinkerers in our community. What motivates them? What kind of animals wander their backyards? How on Earth do they come up with their designs? We hope to answer all these questions, and more, every Thursday here on our blog.
TORUS QUEST CHALLENGE. Time is running out! We are closing the challenge to any further entries and votes this evening at 11:59 p.m. EST. Get your vote on before it’s too late. The winner will be announced on Monday, April 23rd at 10 a.m. PT.
BAY AREA MAKER FAIRE 2012 . In case you haven’t heard, we’re attending this year’s Maker Faire in San Mateo on May 19th and 20th. Rumor has it, we have a few extra tickets to give away, so keep yer peepers open!
VLAB. MIT/Stanford Venture Lab (VLAB), the San Francisco Bay Area chapter of the MIT Enterprise Forum, hosted an incredible event Tuesday evening on 3D printing which was moderated by Dale Dougherty, Co-Founder of O’Reilly Media and Editor & Published of MAKE Magazine. The panelists included: Peter Weijmarshausen (Shapeways), Rajeev Kulkarni (3D Systems), Gonzalo Martinez (Autodesk) and Philip Delamore (Fashion Digital Studion, London College of Fashion). If you’re in the area, keep an eye out for other great events hosted by this fantastic orginization.
Have a great weekend!
The Tinkercad Team