Unleash your creativity and design a chess set with Tinkercad. To participate in the challenge model all the six different characters: pawn, king, queen, knight, bishop and rook. The best entry will win a brand new Makerbot Replicator!
Competition time: Start from 19th of March to 1st of April 12 at midnight PST.
Jury: Jury consists of designers from both Makerbot and Tinkercad.
Prizes: One Makerbot Replicator to the winner.
Honorary mentions: Glory and fame in the Maker community.
- Design the chess set with Tinkercad.
- One entry should include six different characters (pawn, king, queen, knight, bishop and rook).
- Maximum dimensions for each character is 20x20x70mm.
- Competition is open for everyone.
- You can submit as many entries as you want.
- Entry must have #Chess hashtag in its name and the design must be uploaded to Thingiverse with tags “chess“ and “Tinkercad“.
Final deadline is 1st of April 2012 at 12 AM midnight PST
Jury will publish the winners in the Tinkercad and Makerbot blog after the challenge.
How to submit an entry?
- Model the whole set (6 characters) with Tinkercad.
- Publish the designs in Tinkercad and upload the models to Thingiverse.
Things to remember:
- Does your entry make the jury say “Oh wow”?
- Is the design 3D printable on Makerbot?
- Would your granny or your kids enjoy your design?